1. Can you cook?
Yes, arguably. Not that I've had much opportunity. I've got a handful of good recipes. I'm looking forward for a chance to try out my cooking skills on a regular basis in RL.
2. What was your dream growing up?
To be a medical missionary-- a world-traveling doctor. Also, and I'm not sure how I would have managed this at the same time, I wanted a stable of horses. I read a lot of horse books as a child. Blame Misty of Chincoteague. :)
3. What talent do you wish you had?
Mathematical ability. Spatial relations (puzzle-working, etc.) Am lamentably bad at both, wish I were good at either.
4. Favorite place?
Yerevan, Armenia. I spent a week there in June of '05 and it was fantastic. Everything's cheap and the people are friendly--and nobody locks their doors! Doesn't hurt that I'm also half-Armenian (not that I can speak more than a tiny bit of the language).
In the States? Seattle, Washington. I just loved the atmosphere there. So unlike the uptight East Coast I'm used to.
5. Favorite vegetable?
6. What was the last book you read?
On God and Christ: The Five Theological Orations and Two Letters to Cledonius by St Gregory of Nazianzus (among many like it). The last fiction book I read was Plum Lovin' by Janet Evanovich.
7. What zodiac sign are you?
That would be Gemini.
8. Any Tattoos and/or Piercings?
Both ears. There are 2 piercings per ear, but that's just because the first piercing closed and I had them repierced. I only wear earrings about once a year on special occasions, since every time I wear them my ears swell up and ooze. I try to avoid swelling up and oozing of any body part, generally.
My cousin, who is a tattoo artist, promised me a free tattoo a couple years ago. I finally gave him a tattoo design to work with (resize, play around with, whatever it is that they do), so it looks like this summer I'll get it tattooed to my ankle. I'm looking forward to it! I know it's going to hurt like he\\ though.
9. Worst Habit?
I bite my nails.
10. Do we know each other outside of Livejournal?
Yes--from the MOAT. :)
11. What is your favorite sport?
Martial arts, especially kung fu/wushu.
12. Do you have a Negative or Optimistic attitude?
I sort of oscillate between those two poles. I am, however, reliably cynical, especially about politics. :)
13. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?
Trade jokes and funny stories, and then, when we run out of those, talk about our life stories, since what else is there to do. Play hangman, I guess, if there are scraps of paper in my purse. :)
14. Worst thing to ever happen to you?
I'm not putting it here.
15. Tell me one weird fact about you.
I have Morton's toe, where the 'big toe' is actually shorter than the toe next to it. It's why I can't wear Birkinstocks.
16. Do you have any pets?
My parents have a dog, whom I love dearly. :)
17. Do you know how to do the Macarena?
18. What time is it where you are now?
19. Do you think clowns are cute or scary?
Depends on the clown.
20. If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?
Nicer chin. Bigger ramparts (cough).
21. Would you be my partner in crime or my conscience?
Depends. Are we TP-ing a house or robbing a bank? partner for the first, conscience for the second.
22. What color eyes do you have?
I'm too paranoid to answer that here.
23. Ever been arrested?
No. I have gotten speeding tickets and parking tickets.
24. Bottle or Draft?
Bottle. Unless it's Guinness.
25. If you won $10,000 dollars today, what would you do with it?
Pay off my student loan debt.
26. What kind of bubble gum do you prefer to chew?
A whole pile o' Chiclets in different colors. :)
27. What's your favorite bar to hang at?
Tryst, in DC.
28. Do you believe in ghosts?
Yes. Don't think they're actually dead people, though.
29. Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
Read books or read things online.
30. Do you swear a lot?
I am currently coming out of my cussing novitiate and am becoming seasoned; but my powers of cussing do not reach the level of Samuel L. Jackson's.
31. Biggest pet peeve?
Probably a tie between people leaving the TV on when they leave the room (and/or go outside, leaving it on), and people misspelling things on the internet they REALLY should know how to spell by now.
32. In one word, how would you describe yourself?
33. In one word, how would you describe me?
34. Will you repost this so I can fill it out and do the same for you?
There ya go, Bis!